Lately - Ultimamente

domingo, 25 de mayo de 2014


Things have been very quiet here lately, the opposite of what is going on at home. Spring has sprung in all its glory. The patio is in full bloom, the sun is bright, warm and shining and so many outings and outdoor fêtes have been enjoyed by the family.  Summer clothes have come out of the closet and some very white toes have timidly peeped from sandals.  For over a month it has felt like Summer, my very brave kids have gone outdoor swimming and I, carried away by the glorious sunlight, have bought watermelon, rockmelon and started making gazpacho, all of them completely tasteless I must add as it is really too early and the fruits were not ripe enough.

Life at the studio has been productive but not very inspiring. I have been working on some commissions that implied making the same necklace over and over again. I hope to finish them soon so that I can concentrate on some new creative projects.  

And speaking of creativity, lately I have been very inspired by a few French blogs. I have specially liked this one and this one.  Oh, and I was featured in this beautiful blog, The peak of tres chic,  which was quite lovely surprise as it is one of my current favorite blogs.

This is roughly it, I promise I will do my utmost to publish posts with a certain regularity, I hope I succeed!!

Have a lovely Wednesday.
-----------------

El blog ha estado muy tranquilo últimamente, todo lo contrario que mi casa. La primavera nos llegó de sopetón y de momento está siendo gloriosa. Todas las plantas del patio han florecido, el sol brilla y reluce y estamos disfrutando de un tiempo muy cálido, de manera que estamos haciendo mucha vida fuera de casa y disfrutando de eventos al aire libre. He sacado ya la ropa de verano, y mis deditos de los pies blancos como la leche de todo el invierno se asoman por mis sandalias.  Desde hace un mes parece que estamos en verano, mis muy valientes hijos ya se han bañado en la piscina y yo influenciada por todo este calorcito ya me he puesto a hacer gazpacho y a comprar sandía y melón. Error! no saben a nada, parece verano pero no lo es y realmente no es la temporada de estas frutas.

En el estudio llevo una racha muy productiva pero poco inspiracional. He estado trabajando en unos encargos en los que basicamente, se repite el mismo collar una y otra vez. Espero terminar esta semana para empezar algún otro proyecto un poco más creativo.

Y hablando de creatividad, ultimamente estoy leyendo varios blogs franceses preciosos, en especial me gustan este y este. Oh, y uno de mis diseños fue publicado en el blog  The peak of très chic, lo cual me hace mucha ilusión ya que es un blog precioso que me gusta muchísimo.

Esto es todo más o menos. Espero no tardar tanto en publicar otro post otra vez.

Feliz Miércoles!
4 comentarios on "Lately - Ultimamente"
  1. Que bueno verte por aquí. Yo guardé los jerseys y saque las sandalias. Error...llevamos más de una semana que no subimos de 13ºC ....no es verano. Aquí seguimos casi en invierno!!! Todo se ralentiza...nos volvemos a aletargar.
    La inspiración llega con el trabajo y cuando menos te lo esperes. Animo...yo no tengo tiempo para nada...ni para escribir....snifff....necesito parar un poco...

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Reyes!!!
    I'm sooo happy to here something from you!
    I'm happy to hear that everything is ok!
    Have a nice day!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Thanks for this nice little overview! I enjoy your pictures! I was in the US in the last three weeks and had the most amazing time there.
    I hope to hear from you again soon :)
    Lots of love!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Yes, summer came upon us just as rushed and unexpectedly!
    Still, it's great to wear flip flops and sandals again....

    ResponderEliminar

Auto Post Signature