Fall

jueves, 5 de noviembre de 2015


I know, I know, Fall has really been with us for quite some time now but we have been enjoying such wonderful, mild, sunny weather here in Madrid that I have not really realized it until this week, when grey skies suddenly came upon us and it started to rain non-stop. A whole week of rain, so very necessary for the country side but I must admit, a bit depressing for me.

Don´t get me wrong, I like Fall, it’s just that I find it hard to adjust to it, the sudden cold, the lack of sun, the shorter days… on the other hand, it’s precisely these things I don’t like that bring about the things I love about Fall, cozy sweaters, reading by the fire, lentil soup (any kind of soup really), as well as my latest obsession, knitting.


So until I finally settle into this season and gather strength for Winter, which is really just around the corner, I will do my best to concentrate on the things that bring me joy, the shift in colors, sharing a cup of coffee with good friends or baking with my children.  Scones seem to be a favorite of theirs this season and this recipe is just so easy and so delicious too.  And what about you? Is there anything you specially like about Fall?

Have a lovely week.
20 comentarios on "Fall"
  1. Well, fall is not as bad as winter...it's pretty much the only thing I like about it ;) More seriously, I like the pretty color in trees and the dramatic sunsets. There's a nice smell of leafs and earth in the air.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Winter is worse, I really miss the sun during winter.

      Eliminar
  2. Good thing you're not as far up North as I am, here the tress lost their leaves, we're on the doorstep of winter already!
    I love the colours in the fall though, the reds, golds, auburn, warm colours, and changing day by day. It is very nice to live surrounded by green hills, in the city I hardly noticed the change of seasons..

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I know Heyme! I lived in Normandy for a year, which is not as high up as where you live but much further North from where I am and although the countryside was really gorgeous it was too cold for me!

      Eliminar
  3. I like all seasons :) they all have they're pros and cons ^^

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. That's true, I just find it hard to adjust to the lack of sun and the shorter days, once I have adjusted, I am happy

      Eliminar
  4. Well here in Porto started the rainy season, until I don't know it is planning to stop. The thing I dislike about this time of the year is the less amount of daylight we get. And here fall is just rain and humid houses, to run into winter that is humid and cold :-) so yeh, I prefer spring and summer.
    I like your earrings and the picture!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Oh yes, definetely the weather to sit in front a cup of tea and some homemade scones!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Menuda semana de lluvias, y eso que a mí me gusta, pero ha sido demasiado! El invierno y la Navidad están a la vuelta de la esquina! :) Por cierto, preciosos pendientes :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Gracias Paloma! Si harta de lluvias y mis hijos como leones enjaulados, menos mal que para este fin de semana dan sol!!

      Eliminar
  7. Fall is great here sunny t-shirt weather at day time, socks and a blanket at night, perfect :)
    Sweet earrings!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Estella, I am jelous of where you live, you have sun and the sea, perfect combination.

      Eliminar
  8. I really like fall when it comes to nature changing and the colors, but don't like it getting cold and rainy. Luckily we had nice weather here in Stockholm a while. :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. The colours are lovely, probably one of the loveliest seasons in that sense, but the days just get shorter and shorter...

      Eliminar
  9. Lucky you! It's already really cold in here! But at least we have those fall colors that are gorgeous!

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Colours and sofa afternoons when home is empty....

    ResponderEliminar

Auto Post Signature